Reply to this topicStart new topic
> npjpi150.dll, ----- usually found in Program Files\java\jre1.5.0\bin\
Advanced Uninstaller PRO
post May 30 2006, 07:48 AM
Post #1

Robot

Group: Members
Member No.: 43

User discussion about Java Plug-in 1.5.0 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper).

It is usually installed in Program Files\java\jre1.5.0\bin.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
FireStarter
post May 30 2006, 07:48 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

This Java Plugin seems to be for Netscape navigator. I don't know why it it being loaded by Internet Explorer; I don't have any trace of Netscape on my computer!
+Quote Post
Rocky
post Jun 4 2006, 05:33 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

smile.gif Naturally, more sophisticated applications such as Java has files to maintain compatibility for browsers other than Internet Explorer. On some applications, you can safely delete these files, but you should first go to Windows Explorer, find the file, and see what is said by placing your cursor over the file, and then right-click it and go to Properties. If you have established without doubt that it is not a file required by IE or any other program on your hard drive, you can safely delete it.

However, in the case of Java, I do not delete any files - preferring instead to keep Java intact in its entirety. Java is too essential to the proper operation of the Windows OS, the Internet, and much more.

If you are at a "crunch point" for hard drive space, then do this (I'm using XP SP 2 Home Edition): Go into Windows Explorer, left-click "My Computer", then right-click the hard drive icon and click Properties. There should be at the bottom of the open window an option to COMPRESS all files on your hard drive.

Check every single TEMP, TMP, BACKUP, BKP, etc., ad nauseum, folder and ENSURE nothing is needed in them. Delete the files within you know you don't need, but DO NOT delete the folders.

Burn all of your music files onto CDs and get them off of your hard drive: They are some of the worst drive space hogs.

If you aren't hurting for hard drive space, then I would say don't worry about this Java file and move on to something else.

You can cause some programs to become inoperative, and even render them unable to be updated if you are not careful.

Go onto the Net and click TOOLS - MANAGE ADD-ONS. If this file is not shown in the list as activated, you have no problems. If it is, try disabling it and then try to play one of the games available at http://www.java.com/ If it does not function right, then go back, reenable the file, then try to run the game again. If that doesn't fix it, then upgrade your OS to XP SP 2 if you aren't using it. I would not recommend any Vista Beta OS files, as they are unreliable at best, and even the first version at release to end-users will still have major bugs. Microsoft has not abandoned Windows XP SP 1 or SP 2. They are engineering XP SP 3 as we speak. Microsoft's programmers will continue to support XP SP 1,2,3 until 2011.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 08:17 PM
This forum is used automatically by Advanced Uninstaller PRO to find and show information about other programs.