Reply to this topicStart new topic
> legitcheckcontrol.dll, ----- usually found in Windows\system32\
Advanced Uninstaller PRO
post May 30 2006, 07:50 AM
Post #1

Robot

Group: Members
Member No.: 43

User discussion about LegitCheckControl.DLL.

It is usually installed in Windows\system32.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
FireStarter
post May 30 2006, 07:50 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

The Windows Genuine Advantage Validation DLL file. This file validates your Windows version each time you connect to the Microsoft website for updates.
+Quote Post
Optimus Prime
post Aug 13 2006, 10:00 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 54

Yes, this is Windows Genuine Advantage. While this stops some of the Windows software piracy, it has also affected some users who purchased legal licenses of Windows XP.

So, Microsoft really messed up with this.

Sometimes, if you disable this, you can update Windows even if the MS site doesn't recognize you as a legal Windows user.
+Quote Post
Rocky
post Oct 1 2006, 06:03 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

smile.gif In my opinion, I like having Windows Genuine Advantage on my system. I cannot explain why it has kicked in a couple of times on my system, but I am glad it did. It informed me that I did not have a valid copy of some files, and this program does indeed help you to obtain the proper files for your system. One never knows: And I for one, would not want bogus files on my PC. One could possibly say this fits in rather well with Windows File Protection.

smile.gif I found another instance where it runs. Some of you know I have mentioned Prevx's cyber security program: It has an animated slide-in window informing you of application actions. It showed me that Windows Genuine Advantage runs every time you boot up, either a cold start or a restart.

What's really useless is wuauclt.exe running at every cold or reboot. It pretty much renders Automatic Updates useless. Microsoft Update does not post files for download every day. A once per week check should be just fine. Besides, McAfee is informed of new Windows vulnerabilities by Microsoft before their software engineers have even developed a fix. Usually McAfee posts a fix until Microsoft issues a patch. I would gather that Norton does the same.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 03:11 AM
This forum is used automatically by Advanced Uninstaller PRO to find and show information about other programs.