User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Trunip190
post Jul 22 2006, 04:36 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 280

RTHDCPL.EXE is a process belonging to the Realtek HD Audio Control Panel and is bundled alongside Realtek sound cards and audio hardware. This program is non-essential process to the running of the system, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.
+Quote Post
callgary
post Aug 19 2006, 02:18 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 387

Realtek HD Audio Sound Effect Manager
Author: Realtek Semiconductor Corp
Part of: Realtek Audio Hardware
rthdcpl.exe is a process belonging to the Realtek HD Audio Control Panel and is bundled alongside Realtek sound cards and audio hardware. This program is a non-essential process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.
System Process: Yes
Application: No
Background Process: No
Uses Network: No
Uses Internet: No
Reference: http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/fi...dcpl/index.html
+Quote Post
Rocky
post Sep 3 2006, 09:47 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

smile.gif I have this disabled, and everything works fine on the sound card so far.
+Quote Post
MikeRG
post Feb 7 2007, 08:37 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,947

RTHDCPL.EXE
This is a process belonging to the Realtek HD Audio Control Panel and is bundled alongside Realtek sound cards and audio hardware. This program is a non-essential process, but gives instant access to the soundcard settings.
+Quote Post
hfelsh
post Mar 7 2007, 08:57 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 2,759

rthdcpl.exe is a process belonging to the Realtek HD Audio Control Panel and is bundled alongside Realtek sound cards and audio hardware. This program is a non-essential process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems. rthdcpl.exe should not be disabled, required for essential applications to work properly.
+Quote Post
Les
post Apr 4 2007, 07:25 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 3,180

After running MS update on my sony vaio laptop with Winxp pro, 1 g of memory and a 1.73 centrino processor I get the following message when windows starts:

RTHDCPL.EXE - Illegal System DLL Relocation

The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\HHCTRL.OCX occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL.

Both user32.dll and HHCTRL.OCX seem to be windows programs and I canít find any help in MSís knowledge base. Thereís also not much on Realteks web page. Iím not sure what I should try. Any ideas what this might be?

Les
+Quote Post
hk47
post Apr 4 2007, 07:56 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 3,182

QUOTE(Les @ Apr 4 2007, 07:25 AM) *

After running MS update on my sony vaio laptop with Winxp pro, 1 g of memory and a 1.73 centrino processor I get the following message when windows starts:

RTHDCPL.EXE - Illegal System DLL Relocation

The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\HHCTRL.OCX occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL.

Both user32.dll and HHCTRL.OCX seem to be windows programs and I canít find any help in MSís knowledge base. Thereís also not much on Realteks web page. Iím not sure what I should try. Any ideas what this might be?

Les

Exact same issue here. It popped up today after the MS update finally nagged me into rebooting. I haven't been able to locate any info as of yet. Any ideas?
+Quote Post
angus_glen
post Apr 4 2007, 08:01 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 3,184

QUOTE(hk47 @ Apr 4 2007, 08:56 AM) *

Exact same issue here. It popped up today after the MS update finally nagged me into rebooting. I haven't been able to locate any info as of yet. Any ideas?

Same problem here - seems to be a problem with the last MS update
+Quote Post
johnny
post Apr 4 2007, 08:50 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 3,188

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935448/
+Quote Post
Fritz The Dog
post Apr 4 2007, 08:51 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 3,187

Me too - have spent the last 3 hours trying to cure it with no success. Anyone tried contacting Realtek yet?
+Quote Post
angus_glen
post Apr 4 2007, 09:06 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 3,184

QUOTE(Fritz The Dog @ Apr 4 2007, 09:51 AM) *

Me too - have spent the last 3 hours trying to cure it with no success. Anyone tried contacting Realtek yet?

got e-mail from realtek which says go to
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935448 .
+Quote Post
bigdaftal
post Apr 4 2007, 09:08 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 3,189

QUOTE(Fritz The Dog @ Apr 4 2007, 09:51 AM) *

I did a search on their help pages for RTHDCPL, which returned 0 results, so don't hold out much hope there.

Fairly needless to say I have the exact same problem, which arrived this morning after a Microsoft update to my Windows XP Pro OS. Looks like MS have really fouled up this time. I wonder how many computers use Realtek soundcards? I wonder if they are all affected. If we are talking millions of users getting this scary message that looks on first glance that your whole system has died (I realise it's not that serious), then I think we can assume that MS are probably taking serious flak already and will be keen to post another update to get us off their back. If the problem persists, guys, pester MS until they do something about it.

Meanwhile I will keep looking for a solution and post any info I find.

EDIT:

OK OK OK - Maybe I spoke too soon - I should have followed the link to microsoft provided by johnny above and then angus_glen (although angus and I posted at the same time, so I couldn't have seen his reply). The solution at this link runs a hotfix that solves the problem automatically. I've run it and restarted and the error message is no longer occurring, so it looks to be fixed. Still a bit rubbish that the MS update made it happen in the first place, though.

Thanks for the links, guys.
+Quote Post
Ritchie
post Apr 4 2007, 11:29 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 3,192

i'm sorry but i still have absolutely no idea how to get rid of the message it is too hard to understand, sorry for not being as computer illeterate as most but will microsoft send out another download to fix this problem or will it have to be done manually

EDIT: it seems i click the wrong thing, i have fixed the problem now, thanks for the advice

--------------------
+Quote Post
squirrel
post Apr 4 2007, 12:05 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 3,194

QUOTE(angus_glen @ Apr 4 2007, 11:06 AM) *

got e-mail from realtek which says go to
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935448 .

I followed the steps, did the download... no change. Anyone else have different results?
+Quote Post
Khan008
post Apr 4 2007, 01:02 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 3,195

Go on this website: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935448/

microsoft messed up royaly this time. I spent a good few hours trying to figure out this one, downloading random software thinking i had some sought of hacker playing around with the script in my computer.

And for the record, windows vista is spectacularly awful. no one buy it.

Im going to play my ps3 now with peice of mind that someone isnt hacking into my computer taking and taking my details. Have a good one. blink.gif

QUOTE(squirrel @ Apr 4 2007, 01:05 PM) *

I followed the steps, did the download... no change. Anyone else have different results?

Really? well i havent restarted my computer yet, but ill let you know if anything has changed. wink.gif

It worked!! thank god for that!

Anyone still having problems?
+Quote Post
odd1
post Apr 4 2007, 03:07 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 3,197

Wow thanks for the help here! I spent approx 2 hours while at work finding a solution... Here's what happened

I JUST formatted my laptop last night, this morning i did ALL the MS updates, and i reboot and I get this bloody error! Looked all over... Finally found this post and with luck on my side, so far so good...

Microsoft has really got to get their shit together... I can't wait to have a stable XP copy - NOT

I'm going to Mac or Linux next computer I buy

ps.. this works!
+Quote Post
mon-keyhanger
post Apr 4 2007, 03:44 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 3,198

QUOTE(odd1 @ Apr 4 2007, 04:07 PM) *

Wow thanks for the help here! I spent approx 2 hours while at work finding a solution... Here's what happened

I JUST formatted my laptop last night, this morning i did ALL the MS updates, and i reboot and I get this bloody error! Looked all over... Finally found this post and with luck on my side, so far so good...

Microsoft has really got to get their shit together... I can't wait to have a stable XP copy - NOT

I'm going to Mac or Linux next computer I buy

ps.. this works!

YES Call me paranoid- MSN REALLY are getting their shit together I think. For me this is another step in their GENUINE ADVANTAGE master plan. A great swathe of users with dodgy? or even local built clones(with build installed windows(just about legal) just got weeded out of the club. If MSN deem your system not as paid for as they would like you are stuck with the error card , maybe more. Just arrived back from Philippines, where most people have less than genuine OPs (most think they have genuine OPs installed from local builds, who have'nt paid the local build subscriptions and install cracked XP Proff.instead. I have seen scores of paralysed OPs limping along due to the master plan. Very many pissed off and confused comp ownerst here. Middle East next I think. Seems to have been a regonal targeting until this RTHDCPL / download update stuff started in major way last few days. Linux here we come. Why should I be inconvenienced like this- good job I didn't take my wife's advice and delete files or as some sites are advising with this problem- take our free PC scan (ye usual trick). I do have a genuine OP system by the way, and resent being pissed around after forking my hard earned cash out. THINK ABOUT IT! AM I paraoid?

BY the way, good advice and response here while oher google sites talking rubbish about this problem- this site had info and link for resolution while other sites saying ooooh no problem- odear wha is it etc etc- NO RESOLUTION just angst
+Quote Post
Dream*Walker
post Apr 4 2007, 03:52 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 3,202

i am a newbie here, thanks for the posts regarding rthdcpl problem. now my pc was already fixed. thanks to rthdcpl for bringing me to this community.... smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
+Quote Post
Bluealibaba
post Apr 4 2007, 09:19 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 3,210

Another newbie here. Same problem, downloaded fix from microsoft and I have no sound coming from laptop, anyone have any ideas, I have gone through the usual troubleshooting.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 08:38 AM
This forum is used automatically by Advanced Uninstaller PRO to find and show information about other programs.